Wednesday, April 20, 2011

My Recovery Night 1, Day 1

I was pretty out of it for most of the rest of the night after surgery. They had sent me home with ice packs for my legs and I was to keep them elevated as much as possible. I didn't sleep well not because of the pain, but just the uncomfortable pressure from the ACE bandage and the additional heaviness from the ice packs, while trying to keep my legs elevated. I just really could find a comfortable position.

Today hasn't been bad. The pain is well controlled by the meds, though I am experiencing itching  and discomfort from the ACE bandages. I did unwrap them to loosen them up and found that the metal piece that holds the end of the bandage down was stuck into my skin. Certainly explains the discomfort. I've had to get up a couple of times and was surprised at how little trouble I had. Of course, the hydrocodone may have masked the pain making it seem easier than it normally would have been.

No comments:

Post a Comment