Wednesday, April 20, 2011

My Change of Heart

In 2009 and 2010, I began experiencing CECS symptoms on a more frequent basis when skiing, but also when I cut the grass and walked for any length of time. In August, 2010 I started a new full time job requiring me to be on my feet and walk a great deal for 7 hours a day.

Finally during my December, 2010 and February, 2011 ski trips, I was forced to stop skiing because of horrible attacks on each day, essentially ruining both ski vacations.

Because I was unwilling to give up skiing, I made an appointment with the orthopedic surgeon I had used for a broken bone in 2008 to discuss my options. He suggested we make another appointment to perform the intra-compartmental pressure tests to determine the true nature of my CECS. I made my appointment for the very next day.

No comments:

Post a Comment