Friday, May 13, 2011

My Second Post-Surgery Follow-Up

Almost 4 weeks post surgery and and I went in for a checkup today. The doc thinks things are looking good and wants me to continue with non-weightbearing exercise (the stationary bike) for another 4 weeks. I've been released to go back to work for light duty and my boss has been accommodating enough to allow me to do some desk work for the next three weeks. I go back to work on Monday, May 16 for a short shift. I'm looking forward to seeing all my friends and to getting back into a regular day to day schedule. My legs are still tender to the touch and there are still certain movements that are more difficult than others, but I think getting out and moving a bit more will be helpful. I'll post current photos of my legs soon, but they are getting better and looking much less gross.

2 comments:

  1. Hi Dawn!

    I just read your blog and i wanted to let you know that you are not alone! There is big lack of information regarding CCS and CECS. I also found this frustrating! It took me 4 years to get diagnosed. 4 years of pain! I was an athlete but not a runner, i was a competitive swimmer for 7 years and played some hockey at school level. I am now 24 years old, i was diagnosed with CECS at 20. Symptoms appeared when i was about 16. If you would like to talk or ask me any questions i will be more than happy to help or offer advice. I have been through it twice.
    My email is p3archer@yahoo.com
    There is also a group on Facebook which i found very helpful. it is called "maybe we dont need shins". There are 53 members (worldwide) so you can see that CECS and CCS is very Rare. Its a nice place to share stories and advice with people who have gone through the same pain and recovery. Hope this helps.

    Jennifer
    South Africa

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you so much Jennifer! It's helpful to know I'm not alone. I've joined the FB group. Thanks for the information.

    ReplyDelete